Ghotki-Kandhkot Bridge Project - GKBP
- The distance between Ghotki & Kandhkot via Guddu Barrage is 152 KM and via Sukkur it is around 170 KM. After the construction of the bridge the distance between Ghotki and Kandhkot will be reduced to 30 KM
- This project comprises of:
1. Approximately 30.2 kilometer long 2-Lane highway including 4-lane bridge over River Indus (of length approximately 2 kilometers).
2. Approximately 4.5 kilometer long 2-Lane link highway starting from West of Kandhkot Town on existing Indus Highway (N-55) and ending on exiting Thull Road, Kandhkot District
- Study on the alignment by Consultants has been completed
- The investor solicitation commenced upon approval from TFEC and PPP Policy Board for the same. The advertisement was published in local and international newspapers on November 2017. The bids were received and opened on 9th January 2018. Three bids were received from investors and presently the evaluation is under process
- Project Structure: 1. DBFMOT, 28 years concession period (3 years construction, 28 years O&M) 2. Annuity model 3. Capital Structure: 30% Equity (16% private party, 14% GoS) & 70% debt. 4. Debt is in the form of Debentures/Bonds i.e. privately placed term finance certificates (PPTFCs) to be issued by Project SPV. GoS will underwritten the PPTFCs.
- Financial Bidding Criteria: Bidder with lowest present value of annuity (O&M, Debt repayment & servicing and ROE).
The distance between Ghotki & Kandhkot via Guddu Barrage is 152 KM and via Sukkur it is around 170 KM. After the construction of this project the distance between Ghotki and Kandhkot will be reduced upto only 30 KM instead of 152 KM (via Guddu Barrage) & 170 KM (via Sukkur). This project comprises of 2 - Lane Bridge over Indus River between Ghotki on N-5 and Kandhkot on N-55 through Public Private Partnership Mode. Objectives of the Project:
- Construction of the bridge will greatly reduce travel time and significantly boost economic activity in this region.
- Ghotki and Kandhkot together host one of the largest oil and gas fields, power projects and fertilizer plants.
- These districts serve an entry points into Sindh for all traffic coming from the populous upcountry and headed for the port city of Karachi.
SOCIAL IMPACT OF THE PROJECT
1. This project aims to improve traffic flow between major cities of Sindh.
2. Project will facilitate the growth of regional agribusiness, boost commercial activity and help alleviate transport problems of local residents and businesses.
EA Consulting Pvt. Ltd. / Ernst & Young / Haidermotabnr & Co.
LAST UPDATE ON: