The Works & Services Department, GoS intends to provide a direct link between Ghotki and Kandhkot by constructing a bridge over Indus River in the province of Sindh to improve traffic flows between these major cities.
Design & Construction (03 years)
Total project length is 34.7 Km with below break-up:
- 4 lane Bridge 2 Km
- 2 Lane approach road on Ghotki Side 12.8 km
- 2 Lane approach road on Kandhkot Side 15.2 km
- 2 Lane link road to Thull Road 4.5 km
Scope of work also involves:
- One (1) flyover on N-55 crossing
- Four (4) small bridges on canals
- Eighty-Five (85) culverts
- One (1) Toll Plaza
- One (1) Administrative Building
- Two (2) Weigh Bridges
- Electronic Toll & Ticketing System (ETTM)
The Concessionaire shall commence construction work from 90 days of IRC approval (Scheduled Commencement Date).
Operations & Maintenance (25 years from substantial completion of Construction)
The Concessionaire shall undertake toll operations and regular maintenance of the Project Highway as per agreed standards.
- 28 years including 3 years of construction
Design, Build, Finance, Operate, Maintain and Transfer ("DBFOT")
The annual payment (starting from commercial operations date (COD) upto 25th year being the final year of operations) that GoS has to make to the Concessionaire on a quarterly basis under the Concession Agreement that shall constitute:
a) Operation & Maintenance
b) Debt repayment and servicing
c) Return on Equity (ROE) on Equity of Class-A shares of Private party
The Annuity Payments are subject to deductions or holdbacks in the event of failure of Concessionaire to abide by the Concession Agreement.
The distance between Ghotki & Kandhkot via Guddu Barrage is 152 KM and via Sukkur it is around 170 KM. After the construction of this project the distance between Ghotki and Kandhkot will be reduced upto only 30 KM instead of 152 KM (via Guddu Barrage) & 170 KM (via Sukkur). This project comprises of 2 - Lane Bridge over Indus River between Ghotki on N-5 and Kandhkot on N-55 through Public Private Partnership Mode. Objectives of the Project:
The PPP Policy Board in its 27th meeting approved the project.
30% equity (16% private partner and 14% of GoS)
Class-A Shares (Private Party): Share capital issued to the Concessionaire (excluding the GoS) and shall be the main recipient of Dividends (Equity IRR).
Class-B Shares (GoS): Share capital issued to the GoS which shall not be liable for non-performance by the Concessionaire. Any revenue raised from advertising and utility shall exclusively form Class-B dividends.
Sachal Engineering Works (Private) Limited
The Project was launched for investor solicitation in November 2017 in pursuance to SPP rules 2010.
Three (03) bids were received. The procurement process was concluded in February 2018 by Technical & Financial Evaluation Committee (TFEC). M/S Sachal Engineering with Project Cost of 14 billion & Bid Price of 18 billion (annuity payment in PV terms) declared as the preferred bidder.
EA Consulting Pvt. Ltd. / Ernst & Young / Haidermotabnr & Co.
- The contractor has been fully mobilized and camps have been established at both the sides of project i.e. Ghotki and Kandhkot.
- Approach roads construction activities on the main alignment are in full swing at almost 22 kms out of 30 kms (approx.)
- The construction activities on Thull Link Road are in full swing.
- Piling and shafts of two (02) out of two (02) bridges at Kandhkot are completed. However super structure activities of the same are in progress. Moreover, piling works on the Main Bridge over River Indus started on 31st May 2021 and are under construction.
- The construction cost amounting to PKR 3.8 billion have been incurred as of 30th September 2021 through equity.
- The financial close is under process.
|Project Related Documents||Uploaded on|
|Ghotki Kandhkot Bridge Project - RFP can be downloaded from Download button, whereas DCA and Preliminary Design documents can be requested by calling us at 021-99222194||03-03-2018|
|RFP-Revised Ghotki Kandhkot Bridge Project||28-12-2017|
|Corrigendum Advertisement (Ghotki Kandhkot Bridge Project)||27-12-2017|